Monday, November 16, 2009

School and Jewelry

For the most part, getting ready and preparing to go back to school has gone pretty smooth. I am registered for 8 credit hours of classes (probably my limit since I'm still working full-time). I took a placement math test. Jeff and I stayed up late the night before so he could help me with a few algebra problems. It's amazing what you can forget after over 10 years of not being in school! The placement test was hard for me, but I managed to get a score barely high enough to be in the Intermediate Algebra class, but I signed up for the Introductory Algebra class because I feel I need more of a refresher since I haven't been in school for a long time. Plus, math isn't my greatest subject (and I have to go as high as calculus, but just Introduction to Calculus, for my Accounting degree... yuck!) I'm also taking some management class called 'Executive Lecture Series'. It's only a 1 credit hour class and meets once a week for one hour. It's required for my degree and hopefully it won't be too hard. And then I'm taking Business Communications. I'm excited to start school. These last 7 weeks are going to go by so slow!

On to my jewelry. I'm slowly making more and more things and getting better at it, too! Jeff's mom and sister has a whole lot more made than I do (they started earlier this year and I started in August). We had a Jewelry Open House on Saturday at my in-laws' house. Not a whole lot of people showed up, probably because of the cold and snowy weather. But... I managed to make $13, plus I'll also get $5 more because the one who bought one of my bracelets wanted matching earrings. I was happy about that (considering not many people showed up). We need to figure out how to get more people to come. Plus, I still have my jewelry blog, so please spread the word and tell them to spread the word! With the holidays coming up, a piece of jewelry will be a perfect gift for someone (and inexpensive, too!). My jewelry blog is here. I will need to get it updated sometime soon with new stuff.

1 comment:

Giselle Rasheta said...

Hey Vicki! I'm so glad you commented on my blog, thanks! I'm excited for you that you're going back to school. I'm a big nerd and LOVE school. And I love UVU. I hope you like it as much as I did.

Noah says hello to you and Jeff. Keep in touch and good luck with the jewelry business and school. I will have to check out your jewelry blog. Take care!