Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Tonight, some extended family will be going to Jeff's uncle and aunt's house. It's a nice, big house. It even has a home theater with stadium seating (3 rows of couches) and a big screen with a projector to watch movies. I think I've only watched 1 or 2 movies on that screen.
Anyway, Happy New Year 2009!!!
Friday, December 26, 2008
This was yesterday when we were leaving to go somewhere (Jeff's grandparents, I think). I'm glad we were kept safe in our travels to his grandparents and both sides of our immediate family.
(Oh yeah, our condo is on the 2nd floor)
Monday, December 22, 2008
And my car got to be in a covered spot, as you see in the picture below (we take turns taking the covered spot, and this week was Jeff's turn). Click on picture to make it bigger and you'll see it's still snowing ....
PLEASE STOP ALREADY!
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Left to right is his mom, his dad, his brother Jason, and his sisters Lori and Katie. It was a fun evening.
We also put up our Christmas tree yesterday (finally!). Yes, we're such slackers! We're hoping to get a nicer-looking one sometime in the future, but this one was on sale the day after Thanksgiving a couple years ago and it's our 1st one as a married couple ....
We also put on our balcony railing some lights we recently bought. Makes it feel more like Christmas!
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Friday, December 12, 2008
Can I just say fancy schmancy? It was business casual dress, so I wore a blouse and some black slacks. We went into a little room where they had very fancy appetizers (shrimps, sushi, fruit and veggie plates, etc.), plus soft drinks and eggnog. It looked so fancy (even the dishes!) that I didn't want to eat any of it, haha. Through the room with the appetizers, we went into a bigger room (the ballroom, I'm guessing?) with several tables and chairs. For dinner we had rolls, then a little fancy salad surrounded by a couple slices of cucumber (I don't like cucumber), then a main dish of a small piece of steak, small piece of chicken, mashed potatoes and a couple veggies on the side, then a very rich dessert with a raspberry sauce and chocolate sauce to dip it in (complete with 3 real raspberries). I couldn't eat all of the dessert 'cause it was so rich! Talk about fancy schmancy! We watched a video done by someone at his work of new hires within the past year being interviewed a little bit... Jeff was one of them since he started there last February. Then they gave out some awards, then prizes, then it was time to go. We didn't get home till almost 10:00 p.m. last night, so I'm a little tired (which doesn't help my cold).
Tonight is my work Christmas party (I'm hoping I'll remember the camera)! I'll post about it tomorrow.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Tonight is Jeff's work party and Friday is my work party. We'll try to remember to take our new camera to both and see if we can get any pictures, so I can have some to put on here. :-)
Monday, December 8, 2008
What's not so fun is I think I'm coming down with another cold! :-( I just had one a few weeks ago! Time to get more sleep and eat more oranges (since we still have a few left in our refrigerator)!
Monday, December 1, 2008
On a completely different subject, I'm VERY happy with the lower gas prices. Over the summer they were over $4/gallon and from a quarter tank of gas, it cost over $40 to fill up my car. I got gas today and it only cost $19.50 (from a quarter tank). Very nice! :-) Let's hope it stays that way for a while!
Friday, November 28, 2008
A little while back, we were at Wal-Mart and Jeff was saying he wanted a Monopoly game, so when we saw it online, I wrote it down on our 'shopping list' and got it for only $10. Not bad! It's a classic!
When I saw this thing I have pictured below, I knew I wanted it. It's a 10.3 MP digital camera for $79. We were using a 5.0 MP camera (what I used to take these pictures). I just remember a lot of pictures we took when we went camping this past summer were a little blurry. So hopefully this new one will be better, especially for when we go on our cruise in January. :-) We also got some cheap memory cards and a case to go with it.
Jeff also wanted a Blu-Ray Player for $128. I was thinking about it, but I know Blu-Ray discs are more money than DVD's. When we finally found where they were (after getting our camera), they were out of them by the time we got to them. That's OK, though... we're content with our DVD's and DVD player. And maybe one of these years, we'll get one. So that was our shopping trip this morning. We got up a little after 3:30 and got to Wal-Mart a little after 4:30 and it was packed! Yes, we're nuts!!!
Anyway, Thanksgiving was good yesterday. We're enjoying our 4-day weekend and dinner was good with my family, although I ate a bit too much... but the food was good! I'm grateful for this time of year and with Christmas coming up... exciting times! :-)
Monday, November 24, 2008
I'm excited for this week. At my work, they're not making us work Friday since they're replacing the server (I think?). Even though I won't get paid for that day, I don't care. I'm just excited for the little break from work. So today seems like Wednesday, tomorrow will seem like Thursday, and Wednesday will seem like Friday. :-) And Thursday, we're having Thanksgiving dinner with my family. It'll be yummy!
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Friday, October 31, 2008
I could have used that costume again this year, but I didn't want to. And last night I was looking for something I could maybe use for a costume. I actually tried on a button up shirt of Jeff's, some khaki pants of his, and my hair hidden with a cap. I was going to dress up as a boy, haha. I was excited about it last night, but then this morning while I was getting ready for work, I thought it was a dumb idea, so I didn't dress up. Maybe next year Jeff and I will find some costumes. This year, we're trying to save up money for our cruise in January. Anyway, so for those who are more into Halloween than I am ....
Friday, October 24, 2008
HAPPY WEEKEND BEFORE HALLOWEEN!!!
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
The rule: you can only answer each question with one word.
Then tag three friends to participate!
(Words in parentheses don't count, they just clarify some things)
Where is your cell phone? work (I forgot it at work today... I think the only time I've ever forgotten to bring it home with me from work)
Where is your significant other? computer (playing a computer game)
Your hair? bun
Your mother? nice
Your father? retired
Your favorite thing? Jeff
Your dream last night? forgot
Your dream/goal in life? kids
The room you're in? computer
Your hobby? blogging
Your fear? failure
Where do you want to be in 6 years? Disneyland!! (sooner than that if possible, too... I think I'll just move to Disneyland and live there, since I mention it in every other post!) :-)
Where were you last night? bed
What you're not? boy (haha, good one Melissa!)
One of your wish list items? money (can't think of anything else, so I just want money to have when I DO think of something I want)
Where you grew up? Missouri
That last thing you did? answer (previous question)
What are you wearing? clothes
Your TV? off
Your pet? kitty
Your computer? on
What do you think of Tags like this? hard (only some questions are hard to come up with just one word)
Your mood? tired
Missing someone? Jeff (when he's not with me)
Where would you rather be? Disneyland!! (oh wait, am I allowed to have 2 of the same answer?)
Something you're not wearing? shoes
Favorite store? Wal-Mart (unfortunately)
Your summer? hot
Love someone? yep
Your favorite color? maroon
When is the last time you laughed? today
Who will participate? anyone
Saturday, October 18, 2008
1. Did you date someone from your school? No... I was a shy little thing (still am at times, haha)
2. What kind of car did you drive? Didn't drive a car till I went to college
3. Did you pass your driver's license test on the first try? No, but that was because I was EXTREMELY nervous! But the 2nd time I knew more what to expect and passed it (like 4 days before my 1st day of college classes) :-)
4. Were you a party animal? Nope (read the answer to #1 to see why)
5. Were you considered a flirt? Nope (same reason)
6. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? Not in high school, but I did play the flute in Junior High Band (as if anyone cared to know that)
7. Were you a nerd? Hmmm... not really
8. Were you on any varsity teams? No (I didn't have very good knees, so I didn't do any sports)
9. Did you get suspended/expelled? No
10. Can you still sing the fight song? We had a fight song???
11. Who were your favorite teachers? I don't remember (I graduated high school over 12 years ago!)
12. Where did you sit during lunch? Umm, at a table?
13. What is your school's full name? East Newton High School (in Granby, Missouri)
14. School mascot and colors? Patriots - red, white, and blue (I think)
15. Did you go to Homecoming and who with? Didn't go (probably for reason in #1)
16. If you could go back and do it again, would you? If I knew to work a little harder to be in the top 10 (I was ranked 17th of about 100 in my class), then yes. Otherwise, no.
17. What do you remember most about graduation? Probably thinking that I was finally done with high school
18. Where did you go Senior Skip Day? I don't remember
19. Were you in any clubs? Art Club, I think... I liked art classes in high school and thought I would like it in college and majored in it, but I was wrong. After the 1st year of college, I switched majors to business
20. Have you gained some weight since then? Umm, yeah
21. Who was your prom date? Didn't go (see reason in #1 again)
22. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? I probably would have gone if there was one
23. Did you have a job while in high school? No
24. What was your favorite thing about high school? Favorite thing? Maybe graduation? :-)
25. What was your least favorite thing? Taking tests (I hated studying)
26. If you could go back and say something to someone what would you say? Since I was so shy, probably anything!
Monday, October 13, 2008
I probably could have gone with him if I had asked for the time off, but he'll be working very LONG days and even though I have a mission companion who lives in Vegas, I probably would get kinda bored without Jeff. So maybe we'll make it down there some weekend, so I can show him the area where I served there.
Jeff was gone for 2 days a couple months ago when he went to Los Angeles. This week, he'll be gone almost 4 days! Hopefully time goes by fast 'cause I miss my hubby!! Keeping busy with my job and things to do at home will definitely help!
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Oh, here's a funny picture of our kitty. I took some laundry out of our dryer and took it to our bedroom. I didn't close the dryer door and came back to find this ....
Saturday, October 4, 2008
After that, they have give-aways throughout the evening and other stuff (a couple authors who sign books, a singer, etc.). But we usually don't wait around for that stuff. After standing in line for about an hour or a little more and getting our gift, we went to eat at IHOP. The service wasn't the greatest tonight, but it was fun hanging out with my mom and Melissa ....
Also, I don't really like this sudden change of weather... cold and rainy! I woke up feeling a little off-ish this morning, then as they day progressed I started getting achy muscles. I took some Advil before I left to meet up with my mom and sister, so I was able to make it through the evening. Now my muscles are aching a little again. :-( I hope I'm not coming down with the flu and that it's just 'cause of the change in the weather. We'll see how I'm feeling tomorrow, I guess.
Friday, October 3, 2008
Friday, September 26, 2008
Movie: Eragon, Lord of the Rings, Narnia movies (among others)
Food: A really good steak
Dessert: Peanut butter bar
Season: All (for different reasons)
T.V. show: Heroes (among others)
Place to visit: Uintahs
Book: Some of the Shannara and Wheel of Time series
Hobby: Computer games, books, movies, horseback riding, general outdoor stuff
Scripture: Mosiah 4:27
Thing to do: See hobbies above
Movie: A few favorites... Enchanted, Chronicles of Narnia (both movies)
Food: Italian (preferrably pasta dishes like spaghetti)
Dessert: Ice cream (preferrably anything chocolate)
Season: Spring or Fall (I don't like it too cold or too hot)
T.V. show: I don't really watch much TV, but I have Full House and 7th Heaven on DVD (I watched them growing up and liked them). A recent one is Heroes... even though it's sometimes too intense for me, I keep watching it because every episode is a cliffhanger.
Place to visit: Disneyland!!
Book: I don't read very much... I'll just say Book of Mormon
Hobby: Blogging, computer games
Scripture: Alma 17:10 (it has a special place in my heart, maybe I'll share my story sometime)
Thing to do: See hobbies above
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Anyway, my sister Rebecca had this little wedding survey on her blog. I thought I'd do it, too! :-)
When were you married?
Mar. 4, 2006
Where did he ask you?
Behind the Mt. Timpanogos Temple (Dec. 17, 2005)
Where did you honeymoon?
Disneyland! (I want to go back!!)
Can you still fit in your dress?
I rented my dress... part of me wishes I would have just bought one
What was the worst gift you got?
I don't remember if we did get any bad gifts, they were all good!
What flavor was your wedding cake?
I think some of it was chocolate mint flavored and some was vanilla (I don't exactly remember... it was so long ago, haha)
Were you a bridezilla?
Not exactly sure what this meant, so I looked on Wikipedia said "Bridezilla (a portmanteau of bride and Godzilla) is a generic term used to describe a difficult, unpleasant, perfectionist bride who leaves aggravated family, friends and bridal vendors in her wake. A bridezilla is obsessed with her wedding as her perfect day and will disregard the feelings of the family, bridesmaids and even her groom in her quest for the perfect wedding" .... so my answer to this question would be no
What’s one thing you would change about your wedding?
I don't think I'd change a thing... I loved that day!
Do you still look at your wedding pics?
Yep, even occasionally watch our wedding/reception video my brother Jeffrey made for us
What colors did you use?
Maroon, dark green, and white
Where did you tie the knot?
Mt. Timpanogos Temple (in American Fork, UT)
What’s one funny thing that happened that day?
I don't recall anything funny... it was just a very good and happy day!
How many showers did you have?
2... one in Provo at the house my sisters and I were living in at the time (now my parents live there) and one at Jeff's parents' church building in the Relief Society room
Did you cry?
A little bit, in the temple
Did you give any wedding favors away?
I don't think so
Who caught the flowers and garter?
No garter, but my sister Melissa caught my little bouquet of flowers... even though this photo is blurry, you can see the bouquet in the air :-)
How much was your wedding dress, undergarments and all?
I don't remember
Was there dancing?
Where was the reception?
At Jeff's parents' church building in American Fork
Would you go back and do it over again?
What kind of car did you drive away in?
Jeff's Chrysler Concord (he's still driving it!)
How many in your wedding party?
If I count who was in our reception line, 7 (not counting me or Jeff)
Did you do anything different in your wedding or reception?
Not really out of the ordinary, no
Did you save the top layer of your cake for your 1 year anniversary?
Yep! I was a little hesitant to eat a 1-year-old cake, but it was wrapped up VERY well and kept in the freezer (thanks to Jeff's mom!)... it was actually pretty good!
What were the songs played at your wedding?
What was the grand total spent on your wedding?
How should I know?? That's not important... what is important is that it was a very nice day for us
Who was the guest that traveled the furthest?
Probably my parents, who were living in Missouri at the time
Saturday, September 13, 2008
I've been a team leader for 4 weeks now and I actually love it! I love my job now!! :-) Before, I would get so tired and feel like falling asleep, sitting in front of computer screens all day. And usually, team leaders are on a team working on one contract at a time. But I'm on a team where everyone is working on different contracts, so I get to work on and/or QC them all. It makes the day go by faster when I work on different projects throughout the day, and I'm not as tired as I used to be. I'm on a team doing cataloging, which is basically making a database record from actual books or images of books. Even though some of the time, I'm not sure what I'm doing ('cause I'm still learning!), it's not as bad as I thought it would be at first. Not to mention, the nice $1/hr. pay raise! :-) Oh, and everybody got another $1/hr. pay raise a couple weeks ago and if they maintain 70% quality or higher in a calendar quarter, they'll keep that pay raise. If they fall below, they'll lose the $1/hr. until the next quarter if they're over 70% (then they'll get it back). So $2/hr. pay raise in the last month isn't half bad! And now I make dang good money! I love my job!! :-)
Thursday, September 11, 2008
I thought this was a really cool picture of the World Trade Center towers ....
Friday, September 5, 2008
1. link the person who tagged you
2. post the rules
3. tell 6 unspectacular quirks of yours
4. tag 6 fellow bloggers by linking them
#1 Rebecca (not my sister)
#2 see above
1. Even though I COULD sleep in when I go to bed late and go into work later (since my job is flexible), I choose to get up very early (4:45 these days) and get to work at 6:00 and leave work in the early afternoon. I love getting off in the afternoons. :-)
2. Even though pickles and cucumbers are from the same thing, I like pickles but hate cucumbers.
3. I've been known (at least by my hubby) to make nose crinkles for lots of emotions, namely for things I don't like or things that disgust me, or like the picture below... happy! I'm guessing a few other emotions, too, but those two are the main ones.
4. I get extremely nervous when I ride with other people. I'm not saying anyone I ride with is a bad driver 'cause they're all good drivers! My family was in a car accident when I was 10 (and my brother got hurt pretty bad, but he's fine now) and I think that's why I'm nervous when I'm riding with other people and there are lots of other cars around. Most of the time, I prefer to be the one driving.
5. I'm just getting over my cold and one thing I love about my colds is that I LOVE talking in a squeaky voice. When I say 'squeaky' in a high-pitched voice, it comes out all squeaky and it's funny. Also, when I try singing when my voice isn't good during a cold... hahaha, it makes Jeff laugh, which in turn makes me laugh! :-)
6. It's hard for me to explain things sometimes. Like I know what I want to say in my head, but it's hard for me to make everything in my head come out of my mouth. It's also been VERY hard coming up with 6 'quirks' of mine, but there you have it!
#4 tag 6 peeps (hazards of friendship) <--- I like what Rebecca (not my sister) had on her blog, so I'm keeping it, hehe
2. Rebecca (my sister)
Anyone else not on this list who would like to do this, too, feel free! :-)
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Monday, August 25, 2008
1. YOUR ROCK STAR NAME: (first pet & current car) Callie Camry (that's 1st pet since I've been married, I don't remember the first pet my parents had when I was little)
2. YOUR GANGSTA NAME: (fave ice cream flavor, favorite cookie) Chocolate White Chocolate Macadamia
3. YOUR “FLY Guy/Girl” NAME: (first initial of first name, first three letters of your last name) V Hog
4. YOUR DETECTIVE NAME: (favorite color, favorite animal) Maroon Kitty
5. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME: (middle name, city where you were born) Jolene Provo
6. YOUR STAR WARS NAME: (the first 3 letters of your last name, first 2 letters of your first) Hogvi
7. SUPERHERO NAME: (”The” + 2nd favorite color, favorite drink) The Forest Green Water
8. NASCAR NAME: (the first names of your grandfathers) John Howard
9. STRIPPER NAME: (the name of your favorite perfume/cologne/scent, favorite candy) Vanilla Peanut M&M's
10. WITNESS PROTECTION NAME: (mother’s & father’s middle names ) Jean Jay
11. TV WEATHER ANCHOR NAME: (Your 5th grade teacher’s last name, a major city that starts with the same letter) Randolph Randolph (haha, looked up on the internet cities that started with R and there were 20 states in the list with the city of Randolph) :-)
12. SPY NAME: (your favorite season/holiday, flower) Christmas Rose
13. CARTOON NAME: (favorite fruit, article of clothing you’re wearing right now + “ie” or “y”) Kiwi Jeansie
14. HIPPIE NAME: (What you ate for breakfast, your favorite tree) Bagel Maple
15. YOUR ROCKSTAR TOUR NAME: (”The” + Your fave hobby/craft, weather element+ Tour") The Computer Tornado Tour
Friday, August 22, 2008
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
The uneven bars event was a little screwy with the judging, but Nastia won the silver there (stupid tie-breaking rule!). Also, with a silver for the U.S. team, a silver on balance beam, and bronze on floor, she ended up with 5 Olympic medals, tying with Mary Lou Retton and Shannon Miller for the most medals won by an American gymnast at the Olympics.
But don't forget about 16-year-old Shawn Johnson ....
She won 4 medals at these Olympics. She won 3 silver (team, all-around, and floor) and she had one chance left on balance beam to win gold, which she did ....
Good job to both of these girls and hopefully they'll stick around for another 4 years to go to London in 2012. :-)
Monday, August 18, 2008
Friday, August 15, 2008
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
He looks handsome in his shirt and slacks. :-)
And here is a close-up of his shirt and the company he works for (WingateWeb) ....
I still have a fat face, haha... but I'm slowly working on it! I chose where we ate and you know what? I cannot get enough of the chicken caesar flatbread salad. Every time we go there, I get that (without onions, of course). So we went to ...
... for my birthday. :-)
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Today, Jeff comes home from Los Angeles! I've missed him, even though it was only for two days. I'll be happy to have him back... until Oct. 11 when he leaves for Miami, FL, for one whole week. :-( I'm excited for the women's gymnastics team competition tonight. Hopefully USA can do what the 'Magnificent 7' did in 1996... win team gold. Go USA!!!
Tomorrow, it's my birthday. I will be 30. I don't think it'll be too depressing. I still look and feel young (on the most part). And I decided to take tomorrow off work (who would want to work on their birthday?). It will be so nice sleeping in and getting some much-needed sleep! The past couple nights, I've been staying up late watching the Olympics, so I've been a little tired.
Friday, August 8, 2008
On another note, Jeff has his 1st business trip this weekend. He gets to go to Los Angeles. He flies out Sunday morning and comes back Tuesday, so only 2 days (in October he'll be gone to Miami, FL, for a whole week!). I'm so glad he got this job!
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
The Road Trip of Your Life
You see romantic love as what's most important in life. A deep connection with someone else is the primary thing you crave.
You live life at a fairly leisurely pace. You take time to enjoy the sweeter parts of life, even when you're busy.
You don't like a lot of risk or randomness in your life. You prefer to stick with what's known, even if it's a bit boring.
You tend to be a workaholic. You overwork yourself without ever realizing it and sometimes suffer the consequences later.
In another life, you could have been a great artist. You trust your creative instincts enough to let them lead you.