Thursday, September 18, 2008

Stupid Work (and a wedding survey!)

OK, I really do like my job... except when you have to use the Internet for your work and it keeps going down throughout the day and then they send those who have to use the Internet home early (there are others who don't need the Internet and they get to work... lucky them!). Now I have 9.25 hours I have to work tomorrow. Call me crazy, but I'm going to try to go in at 5 A.M. so I don't have to get off as late (especially on a Friday!). Hopefully the Internet works tomorrow!

Anyway, my sister Rebecca had this little wedding survey on her blog. I thought I'd do it, too! :-)

When were you married?
Mar. 4, 2006

Where did he ask you?
Behind the Mt. Timpanogos Temple (Dec. 17, 2005)

Where did you honeymoon?
Disneyland! (I want to go back!!)


Can you still fit in your dress?
I rented my dress... part of me wishes I would have just bought one



What was the worst gift you got?
I don't remember if we did get any bad gifts, they were all good!

What flavor was your wedding cake?
I think some of it was chocolate mint flavored and some was vanilla (I don't exactly remember... it was so long ago, haha)


Were you a bridezilla?
Not exactly sure what this meant, so I looked on Wikipedia said "Bridezilla (a portmanteau of bride and Godzilla) is a generic term used to describe a difficult, unpleasant, perfectionist bride who leaves aggravated family, friends and bridal vendors in her wake. A bridezilla is obsessed with her wedding as her perfect day and will disregard the feelings of the family, bridesmaids and even her groom in her quest for the perfect wedding" .... so my answer to this question would be no

What’s one thing you would change about your wedding?
I don't think I'd change a thing... I loved that day!

Do you still look at your wedding pics?
Yep, even occasionally watch our wedding/reception video my brother Jeffrey made for us

What colors did you use?
Maroon, dark green, and white

Where did you tie the knot?
Mt. Timpanogos Temple (in American Fork, UT)

What’s one funny thing that happened that day?
I don't recall anything funny... it was just a very good and happy day!

How many showers did you have?
2... one in Provo at the house my sisters and I were living in at the time (now my parents live there) and one at Jeff's parents' church building in the Relief Society room

Did you cry?
A little bit, in the temple

Did you give any wedding favors away?
I don't think so

Who caught the flowers and garter?
No garter, but my sister Melissa caught my little bouquet of flowers... even though this photo is blurry, you can see the bouquet in the air :-)


How much was your wedding dress, undergarments and all?
I don't remember

Was there dancing?
No

Where was the reception?
At Jeff's parents' church building in American Fork

Would you go back and do it over again?
You bet!

What kind of car did you drive away in?
Jeff's Chrysler Concord (he's still driving it!)

How many in your wedding party?
If I count who was in our reception line, 7 (not counting me or Jeff)


Did you do anything different in your wedding or reception?
Not really out of the ordinary, no

Did you save the top layer of your cake for your 1 year anniversary?
Yep! I was a little hesitant to eat a 1-year-old cake, but it was wrapped up VERY well and kept in the freezer (thanks to Jeff's mom!)... it was actually pretty good!

What were the songs played at your wedding?
No songs

What was the grand total spent on your wedding?
How should I know?? That's not important... what is important is that it was a very nice day for us

Who was the guest that traveled the furthest?
Probably my parents, who were living in Missouri at the time

1 comment:

Dottie said...

I love remembering weddings. I might have to steal this one too. I think I will have a much harder time remembering because I've been married almost 10 years! (I'm so old)