Saturday, September 13, 2008

Work

I work here ....


I've been a team leader for 4 weeks now and I actually love it! I love my job now!! :-) Before, I would get so tired and feel like falling asleep, sitting in front of computer screens all day. And usually, team leaders are on a team working on one contract at a time. But I'm on a team where everyone is working on different contracts, so I get to work on and/or QC them all. It makes the day go by faster when I work on different projects throughout the day, and I'm not as tired as I used to be. I'm on a team doing cataloging, which is basically making a database record from actual books or images of books. Even though some of the time, I'm not sure what I'm doing ('cause I'm still learning!), it's not as bad as I thought it would be at first. Not to mention, the nice $1/hr. pay raise! :-) Oh, and everybody got another $1/hr. pay raise a couple weeks ago and if they maintain 70% quality or higher in a calendar quarter, they'll keep that pay raise. If they fall below, they'll lose the $1/hr. until the next quarter if they're over 70% (then they'll get it back). So $2/hr. pay raise in the last month isn't half bad! And now I make dang good money! I love my job!! :-)

1 comment:

Leslie said...

i remember where i was on sept 11 as well. i NEVER watched TV in the mornings before work, but that morning i turned it on for no reason at all. but then i realized there was a reason. i watched it until i was probably late for work. what a horrible day.

congrats on being a team leader. way to go.