Thursday, September 11, 2008

9/11

I'll never forget what I was doing the morning of Sep. 11, 2001. I was living in Provo (moved from Missouri 2 months earlier). My mom and brother flew out to Utah on Sep. 10. My brother was going to enter the MTC (Missionary Training Center) on Sep. 12. I had a part-time job at the time and I worked in the afternoons. The morning of Sep. 11, my mom, brother, and I went to the Provo Temple to do a session there. I remember going into my apartment that morning to get something I needed or forgot (or something). The TV was on to some news (I think), but I don't think anyone was watching it and I really wasn't paying attention to it because I was in and out the door. When we were at the temple, someone said something about it but we didn't think too much of it then. It was after the temple that we found out what really happened. It was really sad what happened. And my mom couldn't get back home for a few days after she was supposed to go back home. When I was about 17, my family went back east and we were able to go up to the top of one of the towers (I think the one without the spire on top).

I thought this was a really cool picture of the World Trade Center towers ....

No comments: