Saturday, August 30, 2008

My Birthday Resolution... Not So Good

But it's not my fault! A little over a week ago, I'm not sure what I did (ran too much or ran too hard?), but something happened to my ankle. So I couldn't really use the treadmill to get my mile a day. It was frustrating after the first few days because I had to walk slow and had a little limp (and I usually like to walk fast). I had to live off of Advil most days, so it wouldn't hurt so much. But for the "Backstage 100" at my work, I only needed to lose 1 more pound and get 2 more miles in to get to 100 miles. The past 4 days, I walked slow on the treadmill for 1/2 mile each day. And I did lose the 1 pound (even an extra one, but not going to count it just yet till the work thingy ends on Labor Day). I think my ankle is starting to get better slowly, but it still hurts if I'm on it too much. On top of my ankle hurting, I also caught a cold on Wednesday. It was weird... I was perfectly fine at work Wednesday morning, but in the late morning, I felt it coming on in my throat. Colds are no fun!! I'll probably stay home from church tomorrow so I can rest and so I don't give it to anybody! I'm glad I have this 3-day weekend (with Monday's holiday) to rest up.

6 comments:

Rebecca Adams said...

It's the lack of shoes, I tell ya! Hehe... I'm pretty sure that was it, plus combined with running too hard. I hope you get better from your cold soon!

Mindy said...

I hope you get back into it soon! Just take it slow and easy, and listen to Rebecca about shoes. ;) If all else fails, try swimming!

Mindy said...

p.s. Is it just me, or did your sister Melissa's blog go all wonky??

Vicki said...

Yes, when my ankle is ALL better, I will wear shoes... but that means since it's in our living room now, we make space in our 'junk room' for it because it'll be louder for the lady living below us. That's probably the main reason I didn't want to run with shoes is because it would be too loud. And Mindy, Melissa's blog address changed recently... just click on the link on my blog to get it. :-)

Leslie said...

sorry about your ankle and your cold. i hope you get better soon.
congrats on meeting your goals with running and losing weight.
i wish i could do something like that.

Lisa said...

vicki. way to go setting some awesome goals! i know how injuries go. they are so frustrating, but the trick is to learn to keep going when you are able!