Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow

Yesterday, I found out that I got a team leader position at work. They advertised it last week and I decided I would apply. I was the only one to apply for it, but the project manager was hoping that I would. I think it's next week that I'll start. That means $1/hour pay increase, so that will be nice! :-) I also went to my parents' house for dinner last night, since Jeff is still on his business trip.

Today, Jeff comes home from Los Angeles! I've missed him, even though it was only for two days. I'll be happy to have him back... until Oct. 11 when he leaves for Miami, FL, for one whole week. :-( I'm excited for the women's gymnastics team competition tonight. Hopefully USA can do what the 'Magnificent 7' did in 1996... win team gold. Go USA!!!

Tomorrow, it's my birthday. I will be 30. I don't think it'll be too depressing. I still look and feel young (on the most part). And I decided to take tomorrow off work (who would want to work on their birthday?). It will be so nice sleeping in and getting some much-needed sleep! The past couple nights, I've been staying up late watching the Olympics, so I've been a little tired.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Vicki,
Happy Birthday!! So exciting. And congratulations on losing so much weight! I'm proud of you!

Megan