Friday, August 15, 2008

Yay for Liukin and Johnson!

I love watching Olympic gymnastics! That's why I'm up so late and getting very little sleep tonight. I'm even staying up a little later to watch the interviews of the 2 U.S. medal winners (after the news is over). I always get nervous watching those I want to win, fearing that they'll make mistakes or fall. But Nastia Liukin deserved her gold medal! She was stunning, especially with her stuck landings on vault and balance beam! And Shawn Johnson coming back from 5th after the 1st rotation and 3rd after the 3rd rotation to win a silver medal... she deserved that, too! I was SO happy to see them go gold and silver! :-) Yay for both of them!!!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I had to stay up and watch it, too! I was thrilled that they won, especially with the screwed up judging going on!

Dottie said...

So, Kirk and I have been checking out your blog! It's really fun to see all the stuff you have been up to. I don't really watch the olympics anymore. I don't have any time! I finally gave in and joined the blogging world, you guys should check it out.
limanites.blogspot.com