Friday, December 12, 2008

Jeff's Work Christmas Party (WingateWeb)

Yesterday was Jeff's work Christmas party. We left early to stop at Shane Co. in Salt Lake to get my ring cleaned. It was long overdue for a cleaning! About halfway there, I realized I forgot the camera! So you'll have to settle for a picture I got off Google Image Search of the outside of the hotel where the party was at. It's called The Grand America Hotel ....


Can I just say fancy schmancy? It was business casual dress, so I wore a blouse and some black slacks. We went into a little room where they had very fancy appetizers (shrimps, sushi, fruit and veggie plates, etc.), plus soft drinks and eggnog. It looked so fancy (even the dishes!) that I didn't want to eat any of it, haha. Through the room with the appetizers, we went into a bigger room (the ballroom, I'm guessing?) with several tables and chairs. For dinner we had rolls, then a little fancy salad surrounded by a couple slices of cucumber (I don't like cucumber), then a main dish of a small piece of steak, small piece of chicken, mashed potatoes and a couple veggies on the side, then a very rich dessert with a raspberry sauce and chocolate sauce to dip it in (complete with 3 real raspberries). I couldn't eat all of the dessert 'cause it was so rich! Talk about fancy schmancy! We watched a video done by someone at his work of new hires within the past year being interviewed a little bit... Jeff was one of them since he started there last February. Then they gave out some awards, then prizes, then it was time to go. We didn't get home till almost 10:00 p.m. last night, so I'm a little tired (which doesn't help my cold).

Tonight is my work Christmas party (I'm hoping I'll remember the camera)! I'll post about it tomorrow.

1 comment:

GlowWorm said...

You don't like cucumbers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How can this be??????????? They are my favorite-crave them all the time--vegetable!