Monday, December 21, 2009

Work Christmas Lunch/Party

We had a nice company lunch at work today. We also opened our presents we bought ourselves. The past few years, they have given us each some money to buy ourselves a present. Then we wrap it up and put it under the tree at work. I have a really hard time finding what I want to buy because I can never think of anything I need or want. After going to a couple stores, I finally went to Target (Jeff came with me there), first going to the electronics department and then clear around the store before going back to the electronics department and finally settled on a nice $60 CD player. Work gave us $40 (it's been $25 in the past). So $20 for this CD player in the picture below isn't too bad! Jeff had a CD player from before we were married and I had a smaller one from before, too, but they both don't work so well, so this is a nice gift for myself, I think. And I set it on top of my computer desk so I can listen to music while I'm at the computer. :-)


During the lunch/party, they also gave out awards. I didn't get one last year (maybe because I was a new team leader). I wasn't expecting one this year, but I was the last one they gave one to and here it is below. I was surprised, yet really happy. I think if you click on it to make it bigger, you can read what it says.

No comments: