Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Me? A Math Whiz?

Well... maybe for the first half of Elementary Algebra. I had a mid-term test yesterday and I feel I did really well on it (maybe even aced it... one can only hope!). We've had 4 regular tests in the class so far and I've had the highest grade on all of them so far. My test scores have been 96, 100, 99, and 100. The teacher takes the 3rd highest test score and makes that 100% (so for the first test, I got a 96 out of 93, I think). My grade so far in the math class (not counting the mid-term) is 104.2%. :-D We'll see how I do in math in the last half of the semester. In high school and college over 10 years ago, math was never my best subject.

I just got a grade update in my Business Communications class this evening. We've done about half the total assignments, and so far my grade is 100.35% in that class. I was very pleasantly surprised by that because some of the assignments are quite difficult and I haven't gotten perfect scores on most assignments. But she has done a few little extra credit things which is why my grade is so high. Since I started this class, I told myself I'd be happy with at least a B. I'll still be happy with that because the harder stuff is yet to come, especially an 8-page research paper I have to write (ugh!).

And just so I don't leave my other class out, I'm making 100% in my lecture series class. Half the grade is based on attendance and the mid-term journal we had to turn in almost 2 weeks ago, I got full credit on (the teacher said she didn't have time to read 60 papers, so she just looked to see that we did it and that we didn't use bullets since she told us not to).

So... wow! I have at least 100% in all my classes so far, but I don't expect them all to stay that high as the rest of the semester will be harder in Math and Business Communications.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Just droppin' by to say hi! Thanks for what you said on our blog. We like reading yours too. Hope to see you guys soon! Joanna