Friday, April 8, 2011

We're Still Alive!

We haven't dropped off the face of the earth... yet. This has been one crazy semester, but thankfully it's almost over (just a couple more weeks, I think)! Jeff and I are in the same math class (MATH 1050, or College Algebra). Some of it has been a struggle, but so far we're both doing really well in that class considering how hard it is. We just have one more chapter test left, then the final, so I hope we continue to do well. We have a really good teacher, which helps a lot.

I have loved doing taxes this year and last year. Because we're both going to school, we get a pretty nice Federal refund back. And the "Making Work Pay" $800 we got back this year is really helping us get our savings back up (school is expensive!).

We're taking the summer off school to recuperate before going back in the fall. And to save more money. We also need time to clean and organize our place since we really haven't done much since we moved to where we live now almost 5 years ago, so we'll be busy doing that during the summer. Hopefully we can have our bedroom, computer room, and exercise/extra room back since all 3 right now are sort of "junk rooms" with boxes and other junk.

Speaking of exercise, I just started a "Couch to 5k" thing this week. It's an app I got on my iPhone. It's for 9 weeks, 3 times a week. It's not too bad this week, but I was looking ahead a few weeks... it's gonna be tough, but hopefully I can do it. It'll help me for my first ever 5k in June (in 9 weeks from tomorrow!).

Anyway, we are still alive (barely)! :)

No comments: