Saturday, July 5, 2008

Soreness! Oh, and 4th of July!

I've used our treadmill a few times so far. I should use it more often than I have been... and I plan to. The past couple years at my work, they've had what's called the Backstage 100 (like the Wasatch 100). Between the 4th of July and Labor Day, we try to get 100 miles in and get some good prizes and even try to beat our boss. We rack up miles by running/walking, swimming (every mile is 3 miles), biking (every 3 miles is 1 mile), or losing weight (every pound lost is 5 miles). The past couple years they've done this, I've maybe counted about 5 or 10 miles (maybe a little more), haha. But this year, since I want to get in shape and lose a few pounds before our cruise and since we have a treadmill now, I plan to do a lot better! I also bought a pedometer to track miles when we go walking or hiking or something.

Yesterday morning I ran/walked a mile on the treadmill. We had a late lunch/early dinner at my parents' house with my parents, my siblings, and my sisters' spouses. Then from Rebecca and Ryan's place (not too far from my parents' house), we walked to the Marriott Center at BYU and waited there till the fireworks started. Melissa and John and Jeffrey and his date (Brittney) got to be in the Stadium of Fire because Melissa won 4 free tickets. On our way, we stopped at Maceys to get a couple snacks. The fireworks outside the stadium were cool. We sat on the steps of the Marriott Center. Then we walked back to Ryan and Rebecca's place. I remember a couple years ago, we parked at the Marriott Center and it took us about 1 1/2 hours to get home to Pleasant Grove. We weren't about to do that again. Anyway, my feet and calf muscles are VERY sore from the treadmill and all the other walking we did. I think I put in a little over 4 miles yesterday, so I'm starting out good. :-)

Anyway, Happy 4th of July! (1 day late)

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Way to go with your walking! That 100 miles thing sounds like a fun idea.