Tuesday, August 3, 2010

10 miles in 2 days

Wow, my legs are tired and sore! After being gone camping a week, then taking most of the next week off from the treadmill, I have a little bit of catching up to do if I'm going to hit 200 miles for my work thingy by Labor Day. Can I do it? We'll see. But here are my times for today and yesterday's 5K and 5 mile times on the treadmill.

5K (3.1 miles)

Yesterday - 48:07
Today - 44:36

5 miles

Yesterday - 77:59
Today - 77:22

A little bit of an improvement for the 5 miles, but I was happy with the 5K time. I don't think I want to try to improve that tomorrow (I may just go 3 or 4 miles tomorrow). Today was really hard and I got tired a lot. Better not push myself too much.

I'm thinking (just thinking) about running a 5K with my sister Rebecca later this month. I'm not sure I want to do that one since it's still summer and I hate the heat. There's one on October 30 that I will probably definitely go for with Rebecca. Better keep it up on the treadmill, even after Labor Day! :-)

1 comment:

Rebecca Adams said...

Good job with your times! I need to get back into running now that I'm back from our camping trip with Ryan's family. You should run a 5k with me! It would be fun! I definitely want to do the one on October 30th, but I don't care about the others that I mentioned too much.