Monday, April 28, 2008

I'd Like to Introduce to You ....

My car!



Here's my car story since summer 2001 when I moved out here to Utah from Missouri. My parents had a '92 Chrysler LeBaron that I used to drive to and from college when I was living at home. 3 months after my mission, I moved to Utah and they let me have the LeBaron. A little over a year later, it started to have major problems and I wanted to get rid of it and find a better car. I sold it for really, really cheap. Around that time, my Uncle David was selling a minivan and my parents decided to get it. My uncle lives here in Utah, so I got to drive the minivan while I searched and hunted for a car. (My parents didn't like the leather seats too much, so they sold the van to my sister, Melissa, when she moved out here). About a month later, I found a place that was selling cars. It was actually a home with an older couple. The guy was selling cars that were repossessed (is that the term?). He had maybe 4 or 5 at the time. The 2 that were in his garage were both '95 Toyota Camry's, a black one and another one (I never know what to call this color... tan? beige? gold?). The black one was cheaper and was in my price range. I called my Uncle David (since he knows a lot more about cars than I do!) and he came to the home to test drive both vehicles. He told me the tan/beige/gold one was in a lot better shape (driving and looks). And even though it was more expensive, I decided to go for it. I got a loan from my parents and bought the car. I have now had my tan/beige/gold '95 Toyota Camry for a little over 5 1/2 years and it still runs great. I love it! :-)

4 comments:

Leslie said...

i am so glad you have a dependable car. they are priceless. seriously.

Rebecca Adams said...

Nice! This post should go under the title of the post before it... "Random Thoughts." I thought it was very random! I should introduce everyone to my nice van sometime. Haha! It deserves some attention just like your car! :)

Vicki said...

I just like posting and need post ideas! Yes, I am VERY random and always have been! :-)

Melissa said...

That was cool. Actually, I knew most of what you typed already. :) Maybe I'll post about my van sometime!