Wednesday, April 30, 2008

My Grandma Higginson


Today would have been my grandma's 92nd birthday. She's my dad's mom and she passed away Dec. 12, 2006. I got this framed picture at family reunion auction a couple years ago (one of my uncles took the picture and framed it). Out of both sets of grandparents, I remember her the most because she was the last one to pass away (her husband passed away when I was 7, my mom's mom when I was 13, and my mom's dad when I was 21). I grew up in Missouri and she lived in Missouri, too. I remember going with my parents and siblings to visit her and to sometimes take her to go out to eat and go shopping. She lived over 20 years without my grandpa and when she passed away, I was sad, but I thought, "What a joyous reunion she and my grandpa must be having!" Happy Birthday, Grandma! I love you!

No comments: