Thursday, February 21, 2008

Being Sick = Not Fun.... and guess what....

I am sick! Jeff caught a cold earlier this week... I must have caught it from him. I started feeling it in my throat yesterday afternoon. My colds almost always start in my throat. And I feel the worst when I first wake up... my throat hurts really bad and my throat and ears hurt when I swallow. When the day progresses, my throat feels a little better, but I can still feel that I'm sick. And I'm extremely tired because I'm not getting the sleep I should be getting and my body is fighting this cold.

I hate being sick! Last fall had to have been one of the worst. Around the end of September, I caught a cold. Then I started getting better and Jeff caught it. Then I caught another one, which was followed by a lingering cough. Then in mid-November on a Sunday afternoon, I started getting achy muscles. Later in the evening I became VERY cold, to where even a jacket, 2 light blankets, and the heater on wouldn't warm me up. Then I threw up that evening and again in the middle of the night. All the symptoms I was getting seemed like flu symptoms. But then the next afternoon (Monday), I noticed my skin getting red... some parts looked like a rash and others looked like a sunburn. When Jeff came home that evening, we immediately went to an InstaCare place. They said my white blood cell count was double what it should be, but they couldn't do all the blood work that the ER could, so they sent us there. They gave me fluids and antibiotics through an IV and I also got a prescription for some antibiotics. We were there till after 3:00 a.m., I think. It turned out to be a staph infection. Yes, NOT fun! But the antibiotics helped a ton and the only good thing that came from that was that it got rid of my lingering cough from the colds before. :-)

Anyway, I think I need to take vitamins more often. And get more sleep. Hopefully this cold won't last too long. Since I worked on Monday, I'll have a 3-day weekend to hopefully recuperate... and spend time with Jeff since he has today and tomorrow off before he starts his new job. I also get to leave a little early today because I worked a little extra a couple other days.

So.... I came up with a conclusional equation (or equational conclusion?, hehe... I just made those 2 phrases up) ....

Being Sick = Not Fun

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Hope you get well soon!

Anonymous said...

Sorry you have felt so sick. That's not fun!!! Hope you enjoy your couple days with your hubby.

The Jensens said...

ugh, you're right being sick is not fun! Ryan had the flu last weekened and we watched movies for 5 days straight! haha.