Monday, February 25, 2008

A Clean Dresser!

A week ago today, I cleaned off our dresser. Before I cleaned it, it was full of clutter (mostly receipts, other small pieces of paper, dust, and a few other things). But I decided to clean it off and dust it and leave the pictures and our ring boxes on it (I even dusted the pictures). Now I have to go through what was on it and throw things away or put things away. I think I'm going to do that to all areas of our condo... a little at a time. And eventually, our condo will look very nice. I work full-time, so it's hard to have the energy to clean sometimes. I've also been sick and very tired over this past weekend, so I haven't felt like continuing my cleaning. Here's a picture of our newly cleaned dresser ....


We got the Christ picture as a wedding gift (I don't remember who gave it to us). The other 2 things were given to us from Jeff's sister (who is now 19). She took a picture of our rings on our wedding day and put it in a frame and she did a cross-stitch of our names, our wedding date, the temple we were married in, then the words "Together Forever", and put that in a frame, too. We love all the gifts on our dresser.

I just love how our dresser looks right now... so clean! Maybe seeing this picture on my blog will motivate me to clean other areas of our condo. We'll see if it works. :-)

Anyway, my cold isn't lasting too long. I still feel a tad bit under the weather, but I'm feeling a lot better than I did over the weekend.

And lastly, Jeff started his new job today! I hope his first day went well and I can't wait till he comes home, so I can find out how it went! I will need to have him do a post in the near future.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow! Clutterless! I need to do that to my whole apt too.

Arica said...

oh clutter.. story of my childhood. glad you found us! :)

Cassie said...

Hi Hoggards! Thanks for commenting on our blog. Now I can look in on yours, which if you ask Brandon is my favorite thing to do.

-Cassie Wernli

Casey Brianne said...

That's a pretty dresser! Pretty color, pretty hardware! I love furniture!

Anonymous said...

Nice job. It feels so good to get a cluttered area cleaned up.

Leslie said...

that is great. i hope the job went well.
the dresser... i can totally relate. i let mine get really cluttered as well and aaron would always come over to my side of the bed and look at it in disbelief and shake his head... i would tell him that i knew i needed to clean it and then once it was clean, he would come over and pull out the top drawer and shake his head again because that is where all of the clutter would have disappeared to.
that is a funny memory for me.
thanks for reminding me of it. :)