Sunday, May 4, 2008

3 years ago today ....

3 years ago today, Jeff and I had our 2nd 1st date. What does that mean, you ask? I met Jeff on ldssingles.com (kinda scary, but I didn't have any bad experiences). We went out once sometime in early 2003 and didn't really hit it off, but we kept each other on MSN Messenger and said hi every once in a blue moon. In April of 2005, we started talking more on Messenger and one day I was saying how my sisters and I were having a hard time finding a date for my brother and Jeff replied and said something like, "I can so empathize." I replied and said, "I'm available." And we went out for our 1st date (the 2nd time around) on May 4, 2005. That's why it was our 2nd 1st date. :-) I thought I had some pictures on my computer that were taken when we were dating, but I guess I don't. Some of those pictures were used to put on the tables at our reception. Here's one that shows one of the photos the best (on the table). This is also a picture of my cousins, Julie and Brian, at our reception.


It's interesting how things work out... how when we went out our VERY first time in 2003, we only went out once and didn't really hit it off. Then about 2 years later, we go out again and this time end up getting married. :-) I'm grateful we had that second chance. I sure do love Jeff!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Yay for 2nd chances! I'm glad you had such a happy ending.

Rebecca Adams said...

That was a fun post! :) I'm glad you and Jeff had a second chance, and I'm happy to have Jeff as a brother-in-law!