Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Hopefully Good Investment

We've been talking for a while about getting a treadmill since we need to get in shape and we both want to lose some weight (I've gained about 30 lbs. since we were married over 2 years ago and I'd like to lose it). So here's our hopefully good investment ....


I think we'll put some good use to it because it's in our home just staring at us. We had a Ward hike last month and we went hiking 2 or 3 times a week for a couple weeks after that, but that didn't last (it takes expensive gas and it's getting hotter outside). We wanted to clean out our 'junk room' and put the treadmill in there, but that room isn't getting cleaned out very fast, so it'll have to go behind our couch for now.

Here are a couple more pictures of the treadmill... with our silly cat ....





She's saying, "Hmm, maybe I can put this to good use, too ..."









"... You bet I'll put this to good use... it'll be my bed." :-)







Hahaha, anyway, in the past month or two, I've lost about 4 or 5 lbs. The treadmill will help tremendously, but other ways I'm helping myself is I'm cutting out most sweets, like chocolate and ice cream.


And instead of snacking on chocolate at work (like peanut m&m's or dark chocolate m&m's... 2 of my favorites), I take a box of reduced fat wheat thins.


I'll probably have to think of another healthy snack when I get sick of those. :-) But I definitely feel better snacking on those than on m&m's.

I also want to lose some weight before we go on our cruise in January. Even though it's a lot of money (I hate when we spend a lot), it'll be a fun experience. And Jeff has told me that we can't take money with us when we die, but we can take the memories. We'll be taking our digital camera and our little video camera (that we bought a couple months ago and have yet to try it out) and we'll take LOTS of pictures. This past Monday, Jeff and I and Jeff's mom and Jeff's sister, Lori, went to the travel agent and finalized our cruise plans. I'll post our itinerary tomorrow or Saturday. I'm excited! :-)

2 comments:

The Jensens said...

yay, I'm proud of you! that was totally a good investment and I wish I had one too. I love it when people are health concious and take care of themselves. It's so important!

Melissa said...

I planned on not buying chocolate, but it didn't work. Kudos for cutting out ice cream and even chocolate! I wish we could have a treadmill. We have a teeny trampoline, but it's no fun.