Saturday, February 7, 2009

3rd Port - Cabo San Lucas (Jan. 23, 2009)

Now for our last port... Cabo San Lucas. It was our favorite port, probably because of the things we did and it's also a very pretty place... and it was a very nice day (check out the blue sky in the pictures below!).

Here are a few of the pictures I took of Cabo from the ship ....

Since the ship didn't have a place to dock, we rode little boats to the pier. In this picture below, I think we went to somewhere in the left side of the picture

And in this one, somewhere on the right side

And right about in the center of this picture is the little beach we went to for about an hour after our dolphin swim excursion

Hmm... I wonder if I could figure out how to make a panoramic picture from the 3 pictures above. Not sure if I have a program to do that, but it would be kinda fun. :-)

I thought this picture below turned out cool. I was standing on the platform (deck) that was sticking out from the rest of the ship (see Puerto Vallarta post, 4th picture below the map to see what I mean). And you can see down below, where we got onto the boats to go to the pier. This ship is HUGE!!

A boat behind the boat we were on

While we were waiting to go to our dolphin swim excursion, we took a picture of each other on the pier. You can see the ship behind us in the distance, too. I tried to make a classy pose. :-) I really need to do something about my figure before our next cruise, haha.


The next thing we did was the dolphin swim. I will make that my next post. There was a photographer taking pictures of us, and we bought all the ones that had us in it. I'll probably just post the best ones, but if you want to see more, go to my Facebook profile. I'll get them posted there eventually. :-)

Jeff and I were pretty much on our own in Cabo. Out of his family, we were the only ones to do the dolphin swim. They went and rented jet skiis and did some parasailing, too. So after the dolphin swim, we took a 'taxi boat' to the beach in the picture above. We were the only ones on the little motor boat and the 'driver' of the boat took us on a little tour of around the beach, so here are some pretty pictures of the Cabo scenery and creatures ....

Lots of birds

The beach we were dropped off at... but here, we went past it a little bit ...

... to see this scenery

... and these seals

When we were dropped off at the beach, we went to the other side where there were bigger waves. Jeff had fun in the waves while I took pictures. He's underneath the water in this picture.

I didn't get into the water all the way, but I let Jeff take some pictures of me and a wave almost knocked me down here. :-)

Here are a couple more really pretty pictures of the beach, one looking one way and one looking the other way.


And one more from our balcony as the boat was leaving... the beach we went to is the first of the two sections of sand you see.


I will post pictures of our dolphin swim excursion tomorrow. :-)

No comments: