Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Some Cruise Food (+ Family and Our Awesome Waiters!)

I won't bore you with all the food I took a picture of (yes, I was camera-crazy!), so I'll just post a few (along with a picture of Jeff's family and our most awesomest waiters!). But if you want to see more pictures than what I'm posting here, go check my Facebook profile and I'll get them posted sometime soon.

Here is a picture of the family...


BREAKFAST

Yummy French Toast!

Jeff's omellette breakfast

All the cold cereal you could eat (there were other kinds besides this one)

... and all the pastries and fruit you could eat


LUNCH

I didn't really take a pictures of lunch food. I only ate lunch on the ship about half the time because of our ports (but Jeff usually went to get a little something to eat when we got back to the ship in the later afternoons, a couple hours before dinner). There were different things to eat for lunch, though... anything from Chinese food, to chicken and pasta dishes, to salads, to hamburgers and hotdogs and chicken strips and french fries. Jeff had the hamburgers, hotdogs, chicken strips, and french fries most of the time. There might have been other kinds of lunch food, too, but I don't remember.


ICE CREAM

On the ship, we could have as much ice cream as we wanted (although I didn't have it as much as I thought because I was too full from other meals). We could get ice cream in cones or bowls and in the afternoon, there was a couple hours you could get sundaes. Even a crew member made a swan out of a scoop of ice cream (during lunch). Here are some ice cream pictures ...

Getting an ice cream cone ...

Getting the ice cream ...

Ice cream sundae

Worker making an ice cream swan

My ice cream swan


DINNER
Dinner was my favorite meal of the day. We ate in their fancy restaurant called the Normandie Dining Hall. Here are a couple pictures of it ...


Our first evening at dinner, I was weird and I took a picture of our table # and the butter (I just thought the butter looked cool!) :-)


When we got to our table each evening, our napkins were folded differently



We could order as many starters as we wanted and as many main courses we wanted (mostly, I just ordered 2 or 3 starters to try them, and 1 main course). Here are a few of the starters ...

I got this one almost every night (except one night, I think). I loved their good fruit!

A few nights, they had these chilled fruity soups. This one is cherry and I also tried peach and something else (mango, I'm guessing?).

Sometimes, there would be a main course that would be available as a starter (a smaller version of the main dish) and I tried this yummy pasta/chicken/mushrooms dish.

This was a favorite starter amongst the family (kinda blurry, but you can probably tell that it's shrimp).

An interesting laid out starter that Jeff got once.

Yes, I tried snail!... not bad!

And for some of the main courses, we had ...

Salmon

Shrimp

Lobster

... and yes, I even tried duck! That wasn't half bad, either!

And for some of the yummy desserts we had ...

I just had ice cream a couple nights

Other nights, we had ...

This banana cake (Jeff got a couple sugar free desserts that he liked, since he has to watch his sugar intake)

This thing called Baked Alaska

This yummy bread pudding

This yummy sponge cake

And Chocolate Melting Cake (another favorite amongst a couple family members)

As for our waiters, they were SOOOOOO good and very nice! Rando (from the Philippines) and Burasakorn (from Thailand) were our waiters. Burasakorn wanted us to call her Tata since her name was long and hard to pronounce. They were so awesome! I miss them!

The other guy in the picture below was Andy (or Andi? Not sure how it was spelled). He was from Indonesia, I think, and he was the 'drink guy' (he went around to all the tables and if someone wanted some soda pop or other drinks, he got it for them).

2 comments:

Rebecca Adams said...

Looking at this post made me REALLY hungry for some good food! I would LOVE to go on a cruise... just for the food! I love food! Yumyum!

Melissa said...

Yuuuuummm!!