Sunday, February 8, 2009

Dolphin Swim Excursion (Cabo San Lucas)

This was such a fun excursion!!! It was worth EVERY penny we spent on it. To read more about it, click here.

Photography wasn't allowed, but there was someone taking our pictures and we bought all the pictures with me and Jeff in it. They even threw in a few extras that were probably taken different days, like this one ...


... and this one

... and this one

Now for our pictures. The dolphin you will see in the pictures below is named Risho and he is 28 years old and 800 lbs. :-)

I was a little nervous of it at first

We were in a little group of 5 and this is all of us, plus the trainer. Just FYI for me so I never forget, everyone's names, left to right, are Adolfo (trainer), Holly, Brad, Ryan (and me and Jeff, of course). Here, we were all touching Risho.

Here we are with Risho kissing us


... and of us kissing Risho


The story behind the picture of Jeff above... the trainer had a way of telling if the dolphin wanted to be French kissed. When it was Jeff's turn, the trainer said the dolphin wanted to be French kissed. So that's why Jeff's tongue was sticking out in the picture above.

The trainer wanted us to raise our arms in the air, and Risho went around the pool like this with a basketball on his nose.

Here we are on top of Risho... not actually sitting on him, but squatting down to make it look like we were.

Swimming with Risho ....

Me on his back

Jeff on his stomach

Here we are dancing with Risho ...


Here is Risho dancing in the middle of us (I'm guessing we were clapping?)

Then Risho sang for us and we were moving our fingers while he sang for us

Feeling his belly

Feeling the inside of his mouth

Feeding fish from our mouth to his mouth


One more swim with Risho, this time with Jeff on his back and me on his belly


And two more pictures at the end of the excursion of Risho doing some tricks for us

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow, that looks like fun! I'm jealous. I think I'd be nervous at first too. Dolphins are cute. :)

Dottie said...

Sounds like your trip was amazing! I'm really thinking it would be a fun thing to do...SOON!